Like other CMS Watch offerings, the The Search & Information Access Report 2009 (SMB / Departmental Edition, Site License) does not rank "best" vendors, but instead details the strengths and weaknesses of the various players, identifies their suitability for different use cases, and isolates vendor tendencies that may influence long-term product road maps.
The report is ideal for those looking to develop a business-driven enteprise search strategy, or who are considering selecting a search product and need unbiased technical assessments, or who simply need a comprehensive guide to this confusing, fast-changing landscape.
The report addresses several essential issues for an enterprise investigating search solutions, including:
- Practical product selection roadmaps for large and small enterprises;
- Critical analysis of how to build a business case;
- Scenario-based and functional critiques of the major technologies.
This report (SMB / Departmental Edition) gives a comprehensive evaluation of some of the major players' approaches, including:
- Microsoft: Office SharePoint Server
- Open Text
The Search & Information Access Report (SMB / Departmental Edition, Site License) can help your team:
- Save time in the selection process
- Create an effective vendor shortlist
- Avoid selecting the wrong product
- Budget more accurately
- Avoid painful setbacks
You should buy the Search & Information Access Report (SMB / Departmental Edition, Site License) if you:
- Have budgeted less than $50k,
- Will not widely integrate with other enterprise or legacy systems, and
- Are looking mostly at searching websites, departmental content, and/or a few repositories within a small- to medium-sized business
The Search & Information Access Report 2009 comes in two editions: a SMB / Departmental Edition as well as an Enterprise Edition. A more detailed comparison of the two Search & Information Access Report 2009 editions and licensing options (PDF) is available here.
This license is for the SMB / Departmental Edition, Site License (corporate intranet) report.
Other Editions / Licenses Available at itiresearch.com
SMB / Departmental Edition, Team Use (up to 12 people in your firm)
Enterprise Edition, Team Use (up to 12 people in your firm)
Enterprise Edition, Site License (corporate intranet)
All reports are delivered within one business day, excluding weekends and holidays. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.